The history of Shawnee is very important to us and we love to share it with our guests. We are reminded of our roots and what has been accomplished here. It all began in the late 1890s, when a native New Yorker and successful business owner, Charles Campbell Worthington, took up summer residence in Shawnee. An engineer and inventor by trade, C.C. Worthington was also an outdoorsman who’d never enjoyed urban living. Soon, he relocated to his summer home, and began to make his mark on the area. Among his legacies are Worthington Hall (home of the Shawnee Playhouse) and the Buckwood Inn (now Shawnee Inn).
Resort Mission Statement
We will be the best by:
- Providing a pleasant, informative and trouble-free reservation process.
- Offering an impressive welcoming arrival.
- Clearly communicating our history, championship golf, recreation offerings and amenities to our guests and team members.
- Providing world-class golf, grounds, spa services, recreation, dining, accommodations, entertainment, and service.
- Having well trained, empowered team members committed to exceeding our guest’s expectations.
- Having a management system that ensures quality results and instills loyalty in our guests and staff members.
- Supporting programs that are sensitive to the environment and helpful to our community.
- Offering professional meeting, wedding and event planning and execution.
- Fostering a Shawnee Proud environment.
Employee Mission Statement
To provide exceptional service to every guest at every opportunity.
Our Vision Statement
To become the best resort in the Northeastern United States.