We are required to ensure the responsible consumption of alcoholic beverages while guests are staying at our historic resort.
- Outside food and beverages are not permitted at our resort. Should outside food and beverages be brought in, it will be removed.
Coolers may not be brought in and placed in the lobby, on the Veranda, front lawn, etc… We appreciate your cooperation. All food and beverage must be purchased from the Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort.
- If you are here with a group, alcoholic beverages purchased for consumption in your hospitality room must remain within that designated room. We ask that your group not walk the halls carrying open containers or carry beverages from your hospitality room, opened or unopened, into public rooms; i.e. dining room, lobby, veranda, hallways, etc.
- Outside food, beverages, or coolers are also not permitted on the golf course. Our starters and rangers have been instructed to remove these items.
Bonfires are only permitted in a designated fire pit on the North Lawn or Grand Lawn or in a resort provided portable fire pit. No outside portable fire pits are permitted. Guest campfires are scheduled regularly; please see our recreation department or recreation schedule for days and times. For safety and security reasons, no bonfires are to be lit by guests or visitors to the resort at any time. Private bonfires must be arranged in advance through the Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort sales office at extension 1405. A charge will apply. All bonfires must be completed by 1:00 am 12:00 am on the Grand Lawn or in portable fire pits. No additional firewood will be provided after 11:30 pm. It is not permitted to burn anything in the fire but approved wood. In the event you have an unapproved bonfire, use unapproved wood or use fireworks on resort grounds, you will be charged $150.00 plus damages, and may be asked to leave without a refund. WE ALSO KINDLY ASK THAT YOU DO NOT BRING YOUR OWN GRILL TO THE RESORT. PRIVATE GRILLING IS NOT PERMITTED IN ANY AREA OF THE PROPERTY. PLEASE SEE OUR CONCIERGE OR FRONT DESK FOR AREAS THAT YOU MAY GRILL NEARBY. Thank you! For safety reasons and with respect to other guests, fireworks are NOT permitted anywhere on resort grounds.
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort requires ‘Resort Attire’ while on the golf course and in our dining areas. Slacks, shorts, skirts (for women), and collared shirts are the acceptable forms of attire. We ask that players do not wear denim, cut-offs, t-shirts, or tank tops. Any guest that fails to comply with the stated dress code will be asked to change into the proper attire prior to golfing or dining.
Pets are not allowed in any of the resort accommodations.
We no longer charge a resort fee. The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort prides itself on delivering exceptional guest service.
There are two computers for guest use available in our business center. The hotel is also WiFi accessible. There is no charge for WiFi at the resort.
We want to hear from you. Please send us your questions, inquiries, and comments to: P.O. Box 67, Shawnee on Delaware, Pennsylvania 18356 Please be sure to specify whom you are mailing to (e.g. “Attn: Reservations Dept,” “John Smith – Resort Guest,” etc.) Phone: (570) 424-4000. Fax: (570) 424-9168. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The directions to The Historic Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort are here
and the physical address is: 100 Shawnee Inn Drive, Shawnee on Delaware, Pennsylvania 18356 GPS Coordinates: Latitude: 41.0063931 | Longitude: -75.1106168
For information on the meeting, conference, or group events please visit our meetings page
or call us at 1-800-742-9633.
Go to www.ShawneeInn.com and click on Book Now
on the top of the homepage. Simply put in the dates of your stay and choose your package, which is located on the upper right navigation bar.
The Shawnee “Island Glamping Experience” offers a communal setting. With the ability to set-up seven tents in the campsite, there may be several families and/or individuals camping on the island at the same time. Tents are set-up in close proximity to each other (probably 10 – 12 feet between tents). It really isn’t as intimidating as it sounds, as a matter of fact Here are several tips to assist in navigating a communal setting:
- Leave your phone on vibrate. If you’re going to answer it, walk to the edge of the campsite. It may be important to you, but no one else wants their socializing (or sleep) interrupted.
- Be respectful. Respect people. Respect their culture. Respect their space. Respect their belongings.
- Introduce yourself. A polite greeting and introduction go a long way to creating a fun environment.
- Be quiet. Just use your common sense here, just be considerate of people who may be trying to sleep.
Requests for a late check-out time are honored based on room availability at a fee of $20 an hour. Please check with the Front Desk for availability.
Departing prior to your scheduled check-out day incurs a minimum fee of one night plus tax, up to the cost of the full length of stay. Packages and package elements are not refundable.
We have an indoor pool and Jacuzzi. For a nominal fee we offer golfing, golf lessons, canoeing, rafting, kayaking, mountain biking, guided fishing trips, and a spa as well.
Shawnee has several options available for dining. Our River Room is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The fare offers a variety of dishes ranging from chicken to steak to pasta. Our 28th Hole is open seven days a week (seasonal and weather permitting) for lunch and light fare. The Buckwood offers coffees, iced coffees, smoothies, and pastries. Also on our property is The Gem and Keystone Brewpub featuring house-made sauces and dressings and a wood-fired grill. Room service is also available during River Room dining hours.
Check-in time is 4 pm EST (Eastern Standard Time). Your room will be ready for you by 4 pm. Please arrive earlier and begin participating in activities. We will store your bags at the Guest Services desk while you enjoy the activities. Shower and bathroom facilities are available for you during this time until your room is ready. Check-out time is 11 am EST. This does not mean your time with Shawnee must end. We will store your bags at Guest Services until you are ready to have them loaded into your car. Please return room keys to Guest Services no later than 11 am EST. There is no refund for early departure.
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort offers a diverse collection of accommodations. Choose from rooms in our historic main Inn or at the nearby Delaware Lodge. In the heart of Shawnee Village, we also have The Legacy Collection, our luxury accommodations: Worthington, Cedar, Sycamore, and the Evergreen House, plus an exciting ‘Outdoor Glamping Experience’ is also available.
Both, the Shawnee “Island Camping Experience” and Shawnee “Luxury Encampment” rates are per person and based on double occupancy.
- Minimums – Each tent must have a minimum of two paid adults. One adult may not stay alone in a tent at the one adult rate. A child staying with an adult will pay the adult ala carte as the second person in the tent. A single supplement will be charged.
Each of the camping experiences requires a minimum of two occupied tents. Guests will be notified 72 hours in advance if the two tent minimum has not been met and be given an option to move into other resort accommodations or reschedule their stay.
- Groups – Group rates and pricing are available. Please call our group sales office at 570-424-4050 x. 1405 or email them at email@example.com.
- Risks and Rewards – On any outdoor adventure, you may encounter situations that are precarious and can be dangerous. During each camping experience, you will be on the river in a canoe. This experience is magical but may also result in falling in the water, getting your feet muddy or wet, getting items of clothing or bags wet, etc. Our staff will do its best to ensure safe, dry transport. You will also be in the outdoors. You may encounter spiders, mosquitoes, ticks, and other insects. Please plan to bring bug spray to help ward off any of nature’s friends. Our staff will provide items to assist keeping bugs away, but remember. You are in nature. You may face animal encounters. This area of Pennsylvania frequently sees deer, otters, raccoons, squirrels, fox, coyote, bears, and other of mother nature’s kingdom. We strongly believe that these animals want nothing to do with you, just as much as you want nothing to do with them. Safety first. Do not paddle alone. Do not go on a hike alone. Take a lantern or flashlight with you in the dark.
Gift cards are redeemable for any Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort product or service including merchandise, spa, dining, and accommodations. Unused value remains on card and cannot be redeemed at The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged cards or any unauthorized card use. To purchase a gift card go to our gift card page.
Debit and Credit cards will be authorized at check-in for the amount of your stay, plus an amount of $50 to cover incidentals. The authorization will hold the funds until check out, at which time the amount actually incurred during the stay will be charged. Authorized amounts may take up to 30 days after departure to be released by your bank or financial institution and the hotel will not be responsible for any resulting fees or charges. We recommend that guests do not use debit cards at check-in for authorization. The main reason is that in some cases you must have enough money in your account to cover the authorized room rates, taxes, and incidentals deposit. This authorization is placed on the card IN ADDITION to the ACTUAL CHARGE which makes the total temporary charges and what you are actually paying higher for a few days until the temporary charges are released. With a credit card, the incidentals deposit is merely a hold on your credit card. With a debit card, the hotel actually takes that money out of your account immediately. Once you check out, the hotel will put the funds back in your account, but it always takes the banks a few days, and sometimes as long as a week, to get that money back to you. So, if you must use a debit card, do so only if you have enough funds to cover your hotel stay, the deposits, and your general living expenses for a week after you leave the hotel. Credit cards also come with a lot more protection against fraud. With a debit card, anyone can clean out your savings, and there won’t be much recourse for you.
The hotel is not responsible for loss, damage or theft of cash, jewelry or other valuables left unattended in guest rooms. Safe deposit boxes are available for the safekeeping of these items. The hotel’s liability regarding items in the safe deposit box is limited to the equivalent of the rate of a one night stay.
The minimum age to register at the resort is 21 years of age and one registered adult must be present – throughout the entire stay. A valid driver’s license or another form of identification are required at check-in.
In the interest of health and well-being, The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort is a non-smoking facility. Smoking is prohibited inside all interior public spaces on the property, including all buildings, guest rooms, the outside pool deck, and in or around the pool area. Smoking is permitted in outdoor, non-public areas only. Any evidence of smoking in guest accommodations will result in a $250 fee.
There is no penalty if you cancel at least 48 hours prior to your arrival date and time of check-in (4 pm).
The safety and security of our guests and staff are important to the management and ownership of Shawnee. This policy is designed for the protection of our guests and staff and pertains to the presence of firearms on resort premises. The resort prohibits guests or visitors from openly carrying weapons on the resort premises. We recognize that guests or visitors may legally possess firearms for a variety of legitimate purposes. This policy is intended to create a safe environment for all guests and visitors by providing appropriate guidance over the custody of firearms on our premises. The resort premises are private property. Guests or visitors who lawfully are permitted to possess a firearm, we strongly discourage bringing any weapon on the property, and if a guest is so inclined it may be for storage purposes only. Any guest or visitor who is in possession of a firearm on resort premises is personally responsible for abiding by all applicable federal, state and local laws with respect to firearms, and ensuring that the firearm is:
- secured in a locked, hard-sided firearm container provided by the guest; and
- securely safeguarded at all times in a guest room (or personal vehicle), except when transporting the firearm into or out of the resort.
Guests who fail to abide by this policy may be asked to leave the resort premises. An exception to the restrictions described in this policy statement applies only to law enforcement officers and designated military personnel, who are on-duty and required to carry firearms in the performance of their duties. No exemption to this policy is allowed for private persons, even those licensed and permitted to carry a firearm, and/or where applicable, to conceal-carry a firearm.
- Comfortable clothing and shoes – We offer a variety of recreational options throughout the day, so you will need comfortable clothes and shoes. You may also want to include a pair of hiking boots if you plan on enjoying some of our scenic hikes (helpful but not necessary).
- Bathing suit and cover up – Our indoor swimming pool and riverfront beach are great for swimming laps, aerobic workouts, and relaxing.
- A hat and sunscreen – Keep the sun off of your face and conceal the bad hair days with a hat. Bring some sunscreen, too.
- A good book – Current magazines and daily newspapers are available, but you might want to bring a copy of that book you have wanted to read for months but just can’t seem to get to.
For guests that are on a dining package, a gratuity is included for meals. However, any additional gratuity is welcome if you feel you have received exceptional service.
Our packages are already set at a discounted rate providing savings to our guests. If you are not on a package and show your AAA or AARP card we will give a 10% discount on your room during non-holiday periods.
All major credit cards, travelers’ checks, and cash are accepted on the resort.
Please go to the front desk and check-in.
Choosing the right resort property for your vacation can be an overwhelming process with so many resorts available in the Pocono Mountains and the Northeastern United States. At the historic Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort we are committed to ensuring that your getaway is enjoyable and memorable. Our dedicated reservationists will help start your trip to Shawnee on Delaware off right with their comprehensive knowledge of our resort and the surrounding areas. Once at Shawnee, each member of the staff is committed to providing exceptional service to every guest at every opportunity.