Take a Hike! Seriously. Are you tired of being pent up from this past winter? Ready to get outdoors and enjoy the fresh air? Looking for a getaway with a majestic setting? Look no further than The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort. Check out the Top 5 reasons Shawnee is the #1 Hiking destination in the Poconos below.
- Saying the Shawnee Inn is centrally located for hiking is the understatement of the century. Our property shares borders with The Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area, The Appalachian Trail, and The Worthington State Forest. The Shawnee Inn’s proprietor, C.C. Worthington, donated the land that became the Worthington State Forest to the state of New Jersey. Nature & hiking is deeply ingrained in our Shawnee culture & adventure opportunities are nearly endless. Check out Shawnee’s New Hiking page to learn more about our hiking destination and to see photos submitted by past guests.
- The Delaware River may have the single greatest impact on Shawnee’s natural world-class hiking destination. The Delaware River created a beautiful wide valley that laid the foundation to incredible vertical landscapes & creek tributaries. The presence of the Delaware River enhances our hiking trails with beautiful water features & stunning topography.
- C.C. Worthington chose the location of the Shawnee Inn because of the beautiful natural geography. Hikes, river trips & farming have always been intertwined with Shawnee’s culture. We’ve carried our traditions for more than 100 years. Our love for nature has never been stronger. Our recreation team heads our hiking program. We lead daily guided hikes to the Pocono’s best trails. We tailor our hikes to meet the needs & expectations of our guests. Most importantly, guided hikes are included with your stay.
- There’s no greater satisfaction than cracking a delicious craft beer after conquering a challenging hike. The Shawnee Inn understands this feeling and we’ve ran with it. Our ShawneeCraft Brewery is the perfect after-hike destination. Imagine experiencing a life-altering sunset on the Appalachian Trail and returning to the Shawnee Inn just in time to catch live music under café lights in our outdoor beer garden
- Fully immerse yourself in the outdoors by choosing Shawnee’s glamping Poconos experience. Not only are your accommodations outdoors, you get to wake up to the best view in the Poconos. Shawnee’s Glamping experience includes queen-sized bedding, electricity, wi-fi, running water & fully functioning bath facilities. All the creature comforts of a resort vacation. Shawnee Glamping is in high-demand. We strongly recommend that you make reservations as soon as possible. High-demand weekends & holidays will sell-out in advance.
Take advantage of our Spring Hiking Vacation Sale
Stay More, Save More
Stay 2 Nights | Save 15%
Stay 3 Nights | Save 25%
Click here to book your hiking vacation.