SHAWNEE ON DELAWARE, Pennsylvania (July 28, 2009) — Pair the adventure of skydiving or stock-car driving with home base in a relaxed setting along a gently rolling river and thrill-seeking guests will enjoy Shawnee Adventure Package vacation opportunities, available through fall at The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort:
- Tandem Skydiving Package — Guests experience the thrill of freefall from 13,500 feet, with views of the Pocono Mountains, Delaware Water Gap and New York City skyline. Takeoff in nearby Stroudsburg.
- Stock Car Driver Package — Just like a NASCAR practice day, guests drive a Sprint Cup style race car at the famed Pocono Raceway, experiencing the speed and cornering for a full 20 minutes.
- Stock Car Rider Package — Hop in the specially designed passenger seat of a Sprint Cup style race car for three laps around Pocono Raceway’s 2.5-mile super speedway, with an expert driver behind the wheel.
- Glider Pilot Package — Each guest is accompanied by an FAA-certified pilot, who can hand over the controls of the sailplane during the 20- to 25-minute ride. Catch views of the Kittatinny Mountain Ridge and (on a clear day) New York City and Philadelphia.
- Helicopter Ride Package — With liftoffs and landings at the front lawn of Shawnee Inn, guests tour the Delaware Water Gap region with an FAA-certified pilot at the helm. The 30-minute ride features overviews of the Kittatinny Mountain Ridge, the Appalachian Trail, Lakota Wolf Preserve, Bushkill Falls and more.
- Airplane Ride Package — Enjoy dramatic views of the Appalachian Trail, the Lakota Wolf Preserve and Bushkill Falls during the 30-minute tour with an FAA-certified pilot at the helm. On a clear day, New York City and Philadelphia are visible in the distance. Guests fly in and out of nearby Stroudsburg-Pocono Airport.
Each package includes overnight accommodations at the Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort, as well as breakfast buffet at the River Room. Rates vary depending on the package. Package availability is based on weather conditions. For more details and reservations, please call (800) 742-9633, (570) 424-4000, or visit www.ShawneeInn.com
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort is conveniently located 70 miles from New York City, 100 miles from Philadelphia, 150 miles from Albany, N.Y. and 200 miles from Washington, D.C. Three airports – Lehigh Valley International, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton and Newark International – all are within easy distance of the property.
# # #