Dear Valued Guest,
Due to the continued need for social distancing and self-quarantining, the health of our employees, guests, medical workers, and other essential staff is paramount. We struggle with the rest of the region, country, and world on the right decision to responsibly open. We miss our staff. We miss our guests. But their health and safety are most important. Here is what we are doing to ensure the safety of our staff and guests.
We provide a conveniently located drive-to destination (no flying), individualized recreational opportunities (golfing, biking, hiking, walking, relaxing), plenty of fresh air, and wide-open spaces.
PRECAUTIONS FOR STAFF AND GUEST HEALTH AND SAFETY
In each of our areas and outlets, we are following strict policies and procedures to protect or staff and guests.
We have implemented policies and procedures, which follow recommendations from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
In order to ensure that we are maintaining proper social distancing, The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort will no longer be allowing external traffic to enter the property. Everyone entering the property will be stopped at the main entrance by our gate attendant. If you have a reservation for an overnight stay, a golf tee time, a curbside pickup order from one of our outlets, or you are an employee, the gate attendant will allow you access to the property.
Every team member and on-property guest is expected to respect and abide by 6-ft social distancing policies (when possible), wearing of face mask, and sanitizing surfaces as they are used.
We are regularly communicating with our employees to reinforce our sanitization safety procedures in both guest-facing and back-of-house areas. We are sanitizing high-traffic public areas at an increased frequency.
- Hand sanitizers are located throughout public locations. Sanitizers are refilled and checked regularly.
- Masks are being worn by service staff.
- Plexiglas shields are being used at guest interface areas for the protection of staff and guests.
- Pre-payment is requested for rooms or other items to assist in limiting payment interaction.
- Public touchpoints, such as handrails, elevator buttons, door handles, and knobs are cleaned & disinfected at a minimum once every two hours.
- Surfaces such as front desk, restaurant counters, and dining tables are cleaned & disinfected after each guest’s use.
All departments have implemented handwashing or sanitizing procedures to take place multiple times during the employee’s shift.
- All employees have been instructed and are consistently reminded of correct hand sanitizing procedures.
- Employees are instructed to wash hands before and after eating and before returning to a work area.
- Proper procedures are posted in all back-of-house work areas.
- Staggered breaks and shifts are mandatory to maintain social distancing.
Golf is open. To ensure a safe round for our guests and our staff, several safeguards and precautions have been put into place. To view our Covid 19 policies for golf, please click here.
Spa Shawnee and Salon is now accepting reservations. Services are limited, and guests should be prepared to follow CDC and state health regulations. Spa Shawnee and Salon cannot wash or blowdry hair, but is permitted to cut hair. Advance reservations are required and no walk-ins will be accepted.
We are accepting reservations for all of our accommodations. Please call with any questions or concerns.
- Guestrooms will be vacated after cleaning and sanitization. No one will re-enters the room before the new guest arrives.
- All guests are required to supply their own masks and wear them in public areas outside of their guest room.
- Additional hand sanitizing stations are available in public areas.
- Plexiglas shields will be in all transactional locations such as the Front Desk, Concierge and any cashier locations.
- All guests are required to practice social distancing in public areas.
- Rooms will only be serviced upon check-out, however additional in-room amenities and fresh towels will be provided upon request throughout your stay.
- Some of our amenities will not be available; indoor pool, fitness center, etc. For a list of amenities and activities available, please click here.
Please visit our website, Facebook, or Instagram for updates. Additionally, you can sign up on the homepage of our website to receive email updates.
We plan to open our Riverside Glamping accommodations June 5, 2020, and Island Glamping is slated to start July 3, 2020.
We appreciate your patience while we attempt to navigate through these unchartered waters. Thank you to our committed staff and remarkable guests during these uncertain times.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
The Gem and Keystone Brewpub is available daily for outdoor dining and curbside pick-up for lunch, dinner and ShawneeCraft beer to-go. Current Hours are Sunday-Thursday 12:00 pm to 7:30pm and Friday & Saturday 12:00 pm to 9:00 pm. As of June 19, 2020 the Gem and Keystone will be open for inside dining. Seating will be limited to 50% occupancy and tables will be spaced six feet apart. Guests will be asked to wear masks into the restaurant and while communicating with their server.
For Golfers, The Halfway House is open for grab and go food or beer.
The Buckwood is open daily for Breakfast from 7 am to 11 am and Lunch from 11 am to 2 pm. Guests can enjoy outdoor Veranda service, indoor lobby service, pickup, or delivery to their guest room.
The River Room remains closed at this time.
ShawneeCraft Brewery and Tap Room is now operating with their normal business hours, Wednesday – Friday 4 pm to 10 pm, Saturday 12:00 pm to 10 pm and Sunday 12:00 pm to 5 pm. All offerings are “takeout” only but can be enjoyed in the newly expanded beer garden or one of the many other outdoor seating areas that the resort has created. Guests must wear a mask when entering the taproom to place their order. Orders can also be placed online and delivery is also available. Live Entertainment will be provided in the beer garden on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. These performances are weather-permitting and may be canceled with little notice.
As of June 19, 2020 the Tap Room will be open for inside seating. Seating will be limited to 50% occupancy and tables will be spaced six feet apart. Guests will be asked to wear masks into the tap room and while communicating with staff.
ACTIVITIES AND RECREATIONAL OFFERINGS
We are committed to doing everything we can to make The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort a respite relax and REJUVENATE.
During your stay with us, we will be offering the opportunity for self-guided hikes on the property, hiking maps and app recommendations for local hikes, sign-up for private campfires, private historic bike tours, and more. Tennis courts, bocce court, croquet set-up, and other lawn games. All of these are intended for private use and will be sanitized after each guest.
Guests can now Canoe or Kayak on the Delaware River (2020 River of the Year) with Shawnee River Trips. We have several offerings and have included a Covid-19 friendly option for guests who wish to push out from Shawnee.
We are fortunate to have a beautiful outdoor setting. We will be creating areas outdoors for guests to enjoy these wide-open spaces whether dining, recreating, or relaxing. You will notice additional seating and picnic tables throughout the resort’s expansive grounds.
Handling upcoming reservations and cancellations.
- Refer to the Pocono Mountains Visitor’s Bureau site for updated information about the region please click here.
- We will continue to take reservations. Cancellations will be allowed until 4:00 pm the day prior to arrival through August 1, 2020.
- Group reservation bookings or cancellations will be handled through our group sales office at 570.424.4000 x.1405. As always our desire is to do what is best for our guests and we will work out an affordable stay or amicable rebooking.
We’re here to serve our guests, team members, and those within the communities we live. Your safety is and always has been our top priority. We have been closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and following the CDC and U.S. public health recommendations as they evolve.
We understand the overwhelming concern surrounding coronavirus (COVID-19) across our communities, and our hearts go out to all those who’ve been impacted. Please reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns.