Dear Valued Guest,
As the world assertively contends with the effort to contain Covid19, the hospitality industry has faced delays, closings, and diminished occupancies, and our resort is no different. Due to the need for social distancing and self-quarantining, demand has decreased significantly. We have struggled with the right decision to ensure our guests and staff are safe and healthy.
To close, or not to close
That is the question.
Our decision: Not to close…completely
The changes listed below will begin Thursday, March 19th, 2020.
For guests to have the ability to escape to a serene, open-air setting, we will keep our external accommodations open. For those familiar with the resort these are our Worthington, Evergreen, Cedar, Sycamore, and Delaware Lodge rooms. For guests with current reservations, we will automatically transfer your lodging.
However, we will be closing the main Inn (all except for check-in). At the request of the Governor (not to us specifically), we will be closing the spa and salon, Buckwood Café, River Room, indoor pool and fitness center, and ShawneeCraft taproom. We are hoping to reopen the entire Inn and it’s amenities the weekend of April 3, 2020. We will be staying abreast of the policies and procedures and update any information as necessary.
The Gem and Keystone Brewpub will be available for takeout or curbside pick-up for lunch, dinner and ShawneeCraft beer to-go from 11:30 am – 8:00 pm daily. Unfortunately at this time, there will be no breakfast available on the property. There are two Dunkin Donuts with drive-through service available close-by. The Shawnee General Store is offering grab and go service for breakfast sandwiches on some days.
We are putting up the historic bridge to our championship golf course and hope to open for play as soon as possible.
We are committed to doing everything we can to make The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort a respite to escape, relax and REJUVENATE.
We provide a conveniently located drive-to destination (no flying), individualized recreational opportunities (golfing, biking, hiking, kayaking, walking, relaxing), plenty of fresh air and wide-open spaces.
We understand the growing concern surrounding coronavirus (COVID-19) across our communities, and our hearts go out to all those who’ve been impacted. Please reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns.
Below this message is a list of enhanced precautionary measures we are taking to provide a clean and safe environment for our guests and team members.
What We Are Doing:
We have implemented several new policies and procedures, which follow recommendations from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
We are regularly communicating with our employees to reinforce our sanitization safety procedures in both guest-facing and back-of-house areas. We are sanitizing high-traffic public areas at an increased frequency.
- Hand sanitizers are located throughout public locations. Sanitizers are refilled and checked regularly.
- Public touchpoints, such as handrails, elevator buttons, door handles, and knobs are cleaned multiple times throughout the day.
- Surfaces such as front desk, restaurant counters, and dining tables are wiped regularly.
All departments have implemented handwashing or sanitizing procedures to take place multiple times during the employee’s shift.
- All employees have been instructed and are consistently reminded of correct hand sanitizing procedures.
- Employees are instructed to wash hands before and after eating and before returning to a work area.
- Proper procedures are posted in all back-of-house work areas.
Handling upcoming reservations and cancellations.
- Refer to the Pocono Mountains Visitor’s Bureau site for updated information about the region please click here.
- We will continue to take reservations. Cancellations will be allowed until 4:00 pm the day prior to arrival through April 30, 2020.
- Group reservation bookings or cancellations will be handled through our group sales office at: 570.424.4000 x.1405. As always our desire is to do what is best for our guests and we will work out an affordable stay or amicable rebooking.