*Due to roadwork, guests traveling to Shawnee Mountain must take a detour. Click here for detour directions.
A crisp summer night, the grass under your feet, and spectacular fireworks exploding in the night sky… what a better way to spend the 4th of July holiday than at The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort? Fireworks displays are back, near the Shawnee Inn, on Saturday, July 1st, 2023 at nearby Shawnee Mountain and East Stroudsburg!
Pocono 4th of July Travel Sale
Stay July 3rd and get 30% off July 4th, or stay July 2nd & 3rd and receive July 4th at 50% off our Best Available Rate. Only valid on new reservations. Not valid for groups of 12 or more. Discounted rate is only applied to July 4th. You don’t need a special code or coupon – just click here or call: 1-800-SHAWNEE (1-800-742-9633) to book your stay.
Pocono 4th of July Fireworks
Shawnee Mountains fireworks display will take place on Saturday, July 1st. Gates open at 5:30pm and the display will start at dusk. Cost is $15 per car, and all proceeds go to the Shawnee Volunteer Fire Company. They will have a live DJ, food and dessert trucks, and vendors. Remember to bring your blankets to enjoy the show from the Greenhouse slope and base area. Rain date is Friday, July 7th.
East Stroudsburg’s “Big Bang” 4th of July celebration starts at 3:00pm on Saturday, July 1st on Crystal Street. Crystal Street is home to many restaurants and small-business shopping opportunities. Fireworks will take place after dark. Beforehand enjoy live music from local artists, grab a bite to eat from food trucks, or the local restaurants and check out the shopping nearby.
Here is a tip, only for Shawnee Insiders! The best place to see the fireworks display is on the Brodhead Creek Dike just below the Interborough Bridge in East Stroudsburg. Many locals park in the Walmart parking lot, in East Stroudsburg, and cross the street to the Dike. We recommend that you bring either lawn chairs or blankets to sit on the grassy dike.
Pocono 4th of July Events
There is so much happening at Shawnee after Saturday’s fireworks! Here are a list of things to do in the Poconos for the 4th of July.
- Live Music at the ShawneeCraft Brewery. (Performances daily starting Friday, June 30th through Tuesday, July 4th)
- Sunset Cruise evening Pontoon Boat Tour on the Delaware River (BYOB) or take a canoe, kayak, or raft trip (promotions available on select trips/vessels!)
- Take a complimentary Guided Hike on the Appalachian Trail – with free transportation.
- Sign up for a 4th of July Wine Tour Vacation Package
- Play a round of Island Golf
- Dine outdoors at the Pocono’s only Scratch House – the Gem & Keystone Tavern; on July 3rd from 5pm to 9pm Jam at the Gem! This outdoor celebration will feature lots of live music, BBQ and cocktail specials, and of course, Craft Beer!
- Try a hand-crafted beer or wood-fire pizza at the Shawnee Inn’s own ShawneeCraft Brewing Company!
- Test your skills at Axe Throwing.
- Enjoy our Community Concert Series on Tuesday at 7pm. Performing some patriotic tunes will be the Trinity Centennial Band.