Tuesday, March 24, 2009 (Shawnee on Delaware, Pennsylvania) —
WHAT: INSTALLATION OF THE WOODEN BRIDGE AT THE SHAWNEE INN AND GOLF RESORT.
Signaling the beginning of golf season, the iconic bridge of the is being installed.
Golf season officially opens on Saturday, March 28, 2009.
Photo opportunity available on Tuesday, March 24 starting at 8:00 a.m. Please contact Jeromy Wo to make arrangements.
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort
Shawnee on Delaware, Pennsylvania
- 1015 pieces of lumber connected with 2610 bolts
- 13 sections spanning 284 feet
- Wooden bridge is comprised of Southern Yellow Pine and Douglas Fir
- 95% of all supplies are re-used each year
- Designed in 1911 by C.C. Worthington, a wealthy New York engineer and business owner who built The Buckwood Inn, now known as The Shawnee Inn