With 24 holes of the 27 holes on an island in the Delaware River, this classic design features individually distinctive holes, while keeping a steady rhythm to their sequence. One of only two A.W. Tillinghast courses open to the public, each nine has traditional, tree-lined fairways and undulating greens, with the mountains providing a scenic backdrop throughout. Open April through November (as weather permits).
Rob Howell, General Manager
Steve Taggart, Director of Golf
Joe Manley, Head Golf Professional
A.W. Tillinghast (1911)
Bill Diddle (1963)
Historical Captions :
- A.W. Tillinghast designed the course, the first layout of his career.
- In 1912 the Shawnee Open began attracting the golf greats of that era, from Walter Hagen to Lawson Little.
- Famed singer Fred Waring owned the resort for 30 years.
- Celebrities who made Shawnee their home course include Jackie Gleason, Ed Sullivan, Art Carney and Perry Como.
- Arnold Palmer met his late wife, Winnie, in the Shawnee golf shop.
- Shawnee Open still takes place every year and is now hosted by the Philadelphia Section PGA.
- US Women’s Amateur Event (1919)
- PGA Championship (1938)
- NCAA Championship (1967)
- Shawnee Open Hosted Yearly
- Unique practice complex; offering a variety of hitting areas, target greens, separate practice putting area
- 6-hole Chip and Putt, replica par 3s of Tillinghast designs (lighted)
- Tillinghast Golf Academy for individual and multi-day lessons
- Spa Shawnee, featuring golfer-specific treatments
- Fishing, rafting, kayaking and canoeing trips on the Delaware River
- Pontoon Boat for Delware River Tours
- Indoor Swimming Pool and Outdoor Tennis
- Recreational Programs including hikes, waterfall tours, historic walks and more
- Two distinctive dining options on property
- Live performances at adjacent theater – Shawnee Playhouse
- 75 miles from New York City
- 100 miles from Philadelphia
- 125 miles from Harrisburg
- 150 miles from Albany
- 200 miles from Washington, C.
Accessible from the following airports:
- 45 miles from Lehigh Valley International Airport
- 70 miles from Newark International Airport
- 85 miles from La Guardia Airport
- 95 miles from JFK International Airport
Bentgrass, rye combination fairways, tees Bentgrass, Poa Annua combination greens
Annual memberships to Shawnee Country Club are available on an individual, family and corporate basis.
Course : 27 Holes (Red, White, Blue nines)
Par: Red: 36 White:36 Blue:36
Red White Blue
Blue 3,362 3,227 3,438
White 3,063 3,023 3,227
Yellow 2,922 2,867 2,957
Green 2,838 2,586 2,812
Red/White White/Blue Blue/Red
Blue 72.2 (132) 72.4 (131) 72.8 (129)
White 69.4 (130) 70.2 (128) 70.4 (126)
Yellow 69.7 (119) 68.2 (123) 68.2 (120)
Green 70.9 (122) 70.6 (122) 71.9 (124)