This year was a tough year for many of us. The service industry was hit hard, and although Shawnee was fortunate enough to serve many guests this year, we had many guests that we missed dearly. As we move forward, the time has come to say good bye to 2020, and to welcome 2021 with open arms. As we have done in many other areas of our Pocono resort, we have planned an outdoor (socially distanced) New Year’s Eve celebration for our beloved overnight guests.
New Year’s Eve Activities Included in Your Stay
Our Recreation Team has created a robust activity schedule specifically for New Year’s Eve. Activities include:
- Meditation Walk
- Journaling (A reflective session on 2020-we provide the journal)
- Guided Hike
- Outdoor Archery
- Historic Talk and Tour of our property
- Our famous nightly campfire and s’mores
As the night comes to an end, enjoy these special activities:
- Riverside Light Walk (open from 5pm to 12:30am)
- Special “Burn Bowl” Ceremony – gracefully release your unwanted memories and conditions (8:30pm to Midnight). We will provide you with paper and pens
- Pop-up to go bar from 9pm to 11pm in the Yuletide Pavilion
- Dance the night away in the Yuletide Pavilion with music playing from 9pm to Midnight
- Riverside Fire Pits will be lit from 9pm to 12:30am
- Watch the Ball Drop on our outdoor screen at Midnight in the Yuletide Pavilion
We will have the outdoor heaters and fire pits going to help keep you cozy, but please dress warmly. Bring your hats, gloves, scarfs, fuzzy socks, and thick coat.
Other New Year’s Eve Specials
Our Recreation Team is not the only staff members helping to make this New Year’s Eve Special. Our outlets have been working hard all year long, and New Year’s Eve is no different. Although there is no indoor dining allowed, the ShawneeCraft Beer Garden will be open until 9pm on New Year’s Eve, with Open Mic from 6pm to 9pm. The team at ShawneeCraft did a great job expanding the beer garden this year, not just by the amount of delicious beer they made, but by adding fire pits, heaters and tents to in order keep our guests as comfortable as possible, while following all restrictions. It has become a place that both musicians and guests truly enjoy and appreciate.
The Gem and Keystone, will have specials for the evening as well, and will be offering curbside pick-up as well as outdoor dining. Our team at the Gem has also worked incredible hard to create a safe and comfortable outdoor dining experience, and truly appreciated your support during this trying year. View New Year’s Eve Menu.
New Year’s Day
The fun continues New Year’s Day, as we look to embrace and set intentions for 2021. Our activities include:
- New Year Meditation Walk – set your intentions for the new year
- Journaling (journal provided) – a focused beginning to a new year
- Our First Hike of the New Year – embrace the outdoors!
- Other favorite activities: outdoor archery, hayride, historic talk and tour, and of course our nightly campfire with s’mores!
ShawneeCraft Brewery will have their “Say Good Bye to 2020” party in the beer garden from 6pm to 9pm. Live music by taproom favorite musicians, the talented Downtown Jimmy Brown Duo!
Make the send off of 2020 a memorable one, and book your stay with us today. Check our availability here.
From all of your friends at Shawnee, Stay Safe, Stay Healthy and Happy New Year!