Authentic Outdoor Experience for the Discerning TravelerLive Chat
Golf & GambleAvailable 7/24 through 11/23/2014 Want to golf and gamble a bit, but don't want to stay in all the hustle 'n' bustle of the large crowds? Enjoy 18 holes of golf course nestled along the shores of the pristine Delaware River. Afterwards, take the Shawnee Inn shuttle to Mt. Airy Casino and Resort for…
Canoe, Roast, Golf & BrewAvailable Sunday, August 17, 2014 Enjoy a lazy day on the river then head on over to the Tap Room for an evening of live music, brews, and fun. Go hog wild! On the following day, score 18 holes on the greens of The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort's championship golf course. Includes: Sunday night standard…
Stay & PlayTwo Great Golf Courses - One Great Price! Why choose one when you can have two? Enjoy golfing at The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort championship golf course, plus at the newly reopened golf course at Great Bear Golf Club, Northeast Pennsylvania's only Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course. Standard overnight…
Golf ShawneeEnjoy this timeless Tillinghast golf course carved into our breathtaking natural surroundings, where 24 of its 27 holes are on an island in the pristine Delaware River.Learn More
AuthenticChoose to do as much or as little as you wish. For the active outdoor adventurer... play golf, canoe, kayak, raft, fish, or mountain bike. For the restful outdoor enthusiast, read a book on the veranda.Learn More
Back ThenBrush up on how the Shawnee area was developed. How it came to be the host of elite PGA and Championship events. Discover the impact of its legendary owners.Learn More
Historic Inn Serves As "Base Camp" For Adventurous Guests
SHAWNEE ON DELAWARE, Pennsylvania (July 23, 2009) — Pair the adventure of skydiving or stock-car driving with home base in a relaxed setting along a gently rolling river and thrill-seeking guests will enjoy Shawnee Adventure Package vacation opportunities, available through fall at The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort:
- Tandem Skydiving Package — Guests experience the thrill of freefall from 13,500 feet, with views of the Pocono Mountains, Delaware Water Gap and New York City skyline. Takeoff in nearby Stroudsburg. Rates starting at $550.00 per couple.
- Stock Car Driver Package — Just like a NASCAR practice day, guests drive a Sprint Cup style race car at the famed Pocono Raceway, experiencing the speed and cornering for a full 20 minutes. Rates starting at $1170.00 per couple.
- Stock Car Rider Package — Hop in the specially designed passenger seat of a Sprint Cup style race car for three laps around Pocono Raceway’s 2.5-mile super speedway, with an expert driver behind the wheel. Rates starting at $442.00 per couple.
- Glider Pilot Package — Each guest is accompanied by an FAA-certified pilot, who can hand over the controls of the sailplane during the 20- to 25-minute ride. Catch views of the Kittatinny Mountain Ridge and (on a clear day) New York City and Philadelphia. Rates starting at $368.00 per couple.
- Helicopter Ride Package — Guests tour the Delaware Water Gap region with an FAA-certified pilot at the helm. The 30-minute ride features overviews of the Kittatinny Mountain Ridge, the Appalachian Trail, Lakota Wolf Preserve, Bushkill Falls and more. Rates starting at $566.00 per couple.
- Airplane Ride Package — Enjoy dramatic views of the Appalachian Trail, the Lakota Wolf Preserve and Bushkill Falls during the 30-minute tour with an FAA-certified pilot at the helm. On a clear day, New York City and Philadelphia are visible in the distance. Guests fly in and out of nearby Stroudsburg-Pocono Airport. Rates starting at $320.00 per couple.
Each package includes overnight accommodations at the Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort, as well as breakfast buffet at the River Room. Rates vary depending on the package. Package availability is based on weather conditions. For more details and reservations, please call (800) 742-9633, (570) 424-4000, or visit www.ShawneeInn.com
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort is conveniently located 70 miles from New York City, 100 miles from Philadelphia, 150 miles from Albany, N.Y. and 200 miles from Washington, D.C. Three airports – Lehigh Valley International, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton and Newark International – all are within easy distance of the property.
# # #
About The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort, rich in breathtaking views, features 80 rooms in the historic Inn, 12 rooms in the Delaware Lodge, plus six suites and two cottages in Shawnee’s luxury accommodation, the Legacy Collection. Shawnee’s varieties of recreational facilities make it an ideal destination for any event. Choose from Shawnee’s 27-hole championship island golf course, golf lessons at the Tillinghast Golf Academy, nine-hole lighted Tillinghast Approach Course, skiing at Shawnee Mountain, mountain biking, or hiking on the scenic Appalachian Mountain trails, canoeing, rafting, fishing, kayaking, indoor pool, fitness room, tennis, professional theater, and Spa Shawnee and Salon.
Public Relations Coordinator
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort
Hunter Public Relations
In the News
List of Accolades
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort would like to thank the all of the organizations that have recognized our efforts towards excellence. We are a proud member of the community and look forward to working together to continue providing outstanding service.
Trip Advisor for Business: Certificate of Excellence
Pennsylvania Tourism and Lodging Associations -National General Manager of the Year, Rob Howell
Pennsylvania Tourism and Lodging Associations Chef’s Palate Award for “Best Use of Local and Organic Ingredients”-Chef "G"
Award of Excellence “Most Creative Booth” from the Greater Pocono Chamber of Commerce Expo 2010
Save Our Planet Award, The Greater Pocono Chamber of Commerce
Pennsylvania Tourism and Lodging Association-Rob Howell, General Manager of the Year
Community Service Award, The Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau
Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau-Jeromy Wo, Public Relations Coordinator, Brand Hero
American Legion Auxiliary-Certificate of Appreciation
The Pocono Business Journals Green List
The Monroe County Historical Associations Historical Preservation Award
The Pocono Mountain Visitors Bureau's Outstanding Tourism Employee - Will Stryeski
The Pocono Mountain Visitors Bureau's Green Award - The Shawnee Inn and Gold Resort
Voted Best Place to Work by Happenings Magazine
The Greater Pocono Chamber of Commerce Save Our Planet Award
The Pennsylvania Tourism and Lodging Association's General Manager of the Year Nomination - Rob Howell
Voted Best Place to Work by Happenings Magazine
The Greater Pocono Chamber of Commerces Save Our Planet Award
The Pocono Mountain Visitors Bureaus Outstanding Tourism Employee Rob Howell, General Manager
Outstanding Women in Business Monica Startari, Director of Marketing
The Greater Pocono Chamber of Commerces Chairman of Business Award Charlie Kirkwood, Owner
Pennsylvania Tourism and Lodging Associations General Manager of the Year Nomination Rob Howell, General Manager
The National Recreation Area of the Delaware Water Gaps Conservation Award
The American Cancer Societys Certificate of Appreciation for being First Property in the Pocono Mountains to go Smoke-Free
Bizzy Awards Best Overall Business