Employment Opportunities at Shawnee Inn & Golf Resort
Mutual respect, teamwork, and leadership are the cornerstones upon which our family owned resort is built upon. That foundation, coupled with a fun and family-like atmosphere, makes The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort a great place to work. The Resort is also fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity both in principle and as a matter of policy and practice. See below for the following employment opportunities.
To apply for any of the positions below, you may fill out the online application form here or come in person to The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort to fill out an application form at the front desk. You may also send your resume to email@example.com
Click on the positions below for more information.
Spa Shawnee and Salon is currently hiring nail technicians.
We are seeking licensed nail technicians who strive to go above and beyond for guests at every opportunity. Job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, preparing for appointments, performing various manicure and pedicure services, attending to guests before and after services, keeping salon stations in proper order, following sanitizing procedures, and educating yourself about new treatments and products.
A flexible schedule is required. Applicants with experience are preferred. Apply today!
Spa Shawnee and Salon is currently hiring experienced massage therapists.
We are seeking licensed massage therapists who have a passion for sharing the healing benefits of massage therapy and exceeding client’s expectations. Job functions include, but are not limited to preparing for appointments and set-up, performing different types of massages according to Spa Shawnee and Salon Treatment Protocols and Manuals, attending to the guest before and after service, performing draping procedures and techniques for giving the service, keeping treatment rooms in proper order, following sanitizing procedure, and educating yourself about new treatments and products.
A flexible schedule is needed, weekends and holidays are a must. Liability insurance required. Applicants with experience are preferred. Apply today!
Spa Shawnee and Salon is currently hiring estheticians and cosmetologists.
We are seeking licensed cosmetologists and estheticians dedicated to exceeding guests' expectations. Job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, preparing for appointments, performing various facial treatments, waxing, nail care, and hair cutting and styling according to Spa Shawnee and Salon treatment protocols and manuals, attending to guests before and after services, keeping treatment rooms and salon stations in proper order, following sanitizing procedures, and educating yourself about new treatments and products.
A flexible schedule is needed. Applicants with experience are preferred. Apply today!
We are currently accepting applications for maintenance staff.
We are seeking customer service oriented individuals with strong plumbing, electrical, mechanical, painting, and carpentry skills. Job duties include, but are not limited to, maintaining general units, common areas, pools areas, and grounds; repairing/replacing doors, windows, walls, floors, ceilings, roofs, furniture, cabinetry, and remodeling work; performing plumbing maintenance such as pipes, drains, faucets, disposals, showers and Jacuzzi tubs using methods that include soldering, brazing silver, PVC, CPVC, and fittings, resetting/replacing breakers, ballast and other electrical fixtures including switches and sockets; preventing and troubleshooting possible electrical hazards; repairing interior walls, wall coverings and ceilings by patching drywall, replacing wood or wall coverings or texture and painting, and maintaining and categorizing records and work requests.
Do you complete work with a sense of urgency and maintain a high level of craftsmanship? Apply today!
Food and Beverage
The River Room Gastro Pub and The Gem and Keystone Brewpub are now accepting applications for cooks.
We are seeking hard-working applicants who are passionate about food and customer service. Job functions include, but are not limited to, food preparation and cooking, ensuring that each dish leaving the kitchen is checked for quality, quantity, presentation, and correct temperature, maintaining cleanliness of the kitchen and food storage areas, and following food safety requirements.
Are you a team player who knows their way around the kitchen and has already mastered the basics of cooking? Apply today!
The River Room Gastro Pub and The Gem and Keystone Brewpub are now accepting applications for a Bus Person.
We are seeking applicants with strong interpersonal skills who are self-directed and dedicated to providing exceptional customer service. Job functions include, but are not limited to, clearing tables as guests finish, promptly cleaning table tops, chairs, and floors between seatings, resetting and arranging table tops, and assisting servers as needed with food delivery.
Do you have a flexible schedule and pride yourself on going above and beyond for guests at every opportunity? Apply today!
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort is currently seeking applicants for a dishwasher. We are seeking applicants with a high standard for customer service, teamwork, and cleanliness.
Job functions include, but are not limited to, maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards for china, glassware, tableware, cooking utensils, etc., using machine and manual cleaning methods, ensuring the dishwashing area is maintained as a clean, safe and sanitary facility, maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen by taking out garbage as needed, mopping and other general cleaning duties. A flexible schedule is needed, nights and weekends are a must!
Are you an experienced member of a kitchen staff with a dedication for cleanliness? Apply today!
The River Room Gastro Pub is now accepting applications for a Dining Room Host.
Applicants who have restaurant experience and a dedication to customer service are encouraged to apply. Job functions include but are not limited to, using Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort scripting when greeting and seating guests, properly closing guest checks, handling any guest complaints that may arise throughout guest meals, the ability to multi-task, and answering phone calls to take reservations and answer questions.
Are you a dedicated member of a team with a desire to go above and beyond at every opportunity? Apply today!
The River Room Gastro Pub is currently accepting applications for a Kitchen Intern.
We are seeking enthusiastic applicants eager to deliver flavorful dishes. The Kitchen Intern will be expected to exhibit basic knowledge of cooking techniques and skills, maintain a clean and organized work station, assist in the production of breakfast, lunch and/or dinner entrees as well as banquet meals, and ensure that food safety requirements are being followed.
Are you a positive team player looking to further your culinary skills? Apply today!
The River Room Gastro Pub is now accepting applications for servers.
Guest service must be your number one priority! We are hiring individuals who strive to go above and beyond for our guests and pride themselves in "providing exceptional service to every guest at every opportunity;" our employee mission statement. Job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, setting tables according to laid-down standards, ensuring sideboards on stations are adequately stocked, taking guest orders, serving food and beverages in a courteous and professional manner, being knowledgeable on all menu items, maintaining restaurant cleanliness, and ensuring that guests are charged correctly.
A flexible schedule is needed.
If you have prior restaurant experience and have continually made great memories for your guests, apply today!
Conference and Banquets
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort's Conference Department is now accepting applications for Conference Set-Up staff. We are looking for a self-directed team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work quickly and efficiently. Job functions include, but are not limited to, providing exceptional service to guests during meetings, conferences, and other events, setting up and breaking down function spaces with tables, chairs, meeting room supplies, and A/V equipment as specified, clothing and skirting tables, setting up and breaking down refreshment breaks, and maintaining organization and cleanliness in function spaces.
If you are detail oriented with a flexible schedule and strong organizational skills, you are encouraged to apply!
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort is currently accepting applications in our Banquet Department for Banquet Servers. Applicants who have an eye for detail, the ability to multi-task, and serving experience are encouraged to apply.
Job functions include, but are not limited to, setting tables according to the details of the Banquet Event Orders for functions, serving meals and coffee breaks for a variety of events, taking food orders and delivering food items to guests in a timely manner, and the ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
Are you an experienced server who strives to exceed guest expectations whenever possible? Apply today!
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort's Housekeeping Department is accepting applications for multiple positions including Room Attendants, Public Area Cleaners and Laundry.
Applicants should have prior experience and a great eye for detail. Hours will vary based on business levels; full time hours will likely be available through the Summer season.
Applications for bellman are currently being accepted.
Guest service must be your number one priority! We are hiring individuals who strive to go above and beyond for our guests and pride themselves in "providing exceptional service to every guest at every opportunity;" our employee mission statement. Job functions include, but are not limited to, greeting guests, escorting guests to their room or anywhere else they might need, delivering luggage to and collecting from rooms speedily, and assisting in keeping the lobby area and main entrance clean, tidy, and accessible.
A flexible schedule is needed. Are you helpful, courteous, and self-directed with strong interpersonal skills? Apply today!
Applications for concierge are currently being accepted. This position is very critical to meeting our goal of 100% guest satisfaction.
Guest service must be your number one priority! We are hiring organized individuals who strive to go above and beyond for our guests and pride themselves in "providing exceptional service to every guest at every opportunity;" our employee mission statement. Job functions include, but are not limited to, acting as a "personal assistant" to guests, contacting guests prior to arrival, assisting guests in making restaurant reservations, river trip reservations, golf tee times, spa appointments, playhouse tickets, finding the right local attractions, or buying tickets for theater, sporting, and other events, upselling on-site amenities, activities, food, and drink, increasing repeat guest business, answering guests’ questions, directing guests around the Inn, ensuring a positive guest experience, and promoting The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort’s core values by example.
Requirements include, but are not limited to:
· Familiarity with all of the resort’s offerings including the gallery, spa, brewery, river trips, etc. and area tourist spots. · Ability to provide accurate directions to guests’ destinations.
· Strong working relationship with the managers of all departments and with nearby restaurants, theaters, and other attractions.
· Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to work quickly under pressure.
· Good telephone and computer skills.
· Neat, professional appearance and attitude.
Experience in the hospitality industry preferred.
Are you friendly, helpful, and resourceful? Apply today!
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort's Reservations Department is currently accepting applications for a part-time reservations agent.
Guest service must be your number one priority! We are hiring individuals who strive to go above and beyond for our guests and pride themselves in "providing exceptional service to every guest at every opportunity"; our employee mission statement. Job functions include, but are not limited to answering phones and delivering high level customer service to guests, making reservations for overnight guests and for amenities, completing confirmation letters, inputting new information into the global database, and checking and answering department emails. A flexible schedule is needed, evenings and weekends are a must.
Do you have customer service experience and pride yourself on professionalism and attention to detail? Apply today!
We are currently accepting applications for recreation staff.
We are seeking energetic team players who pride themselves in "providing exceptional service to every guest at every opportunity;" our employee mission statement. Job functions include, but are not limited to, warmly greeting guests, preparing for activities planned each day, executing and actively engaging guests in activities, organizing and maintaining inventory, and ensuring guest safety.
Are you an outgoing adventurist dedicated to exceeding guests’ expectations? Apply today!
Applications are currently being accepted for Golf Shop Attendants.
Golf Shop staff members are responsible for arranging tee times for our Country Club Members as well as public players, assisting in golf outings, selling golf merchandise throughout the Pro Shop, and promoting the additional golf amenities that are available. Additional duties may be required as needed.
Do you have a passion for the game of golf and a commitment to customer service? Apply today!
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort is currently accepting applicants for our Halfway House. Individuals who have customer service experience and the ability to multitask are encouraged to apply!
Job functions include, but are not limited to, preparing food and drink orders, maintaining the cleanliness of the Halfway House kitchen, storage areas, and surrounding areas, greeting and serving golfers in a positive and upbeat manner, following cash handling standard operating procedures, and promoting additional golf amenities to golfers on the course.
Outgoing and friendly individuals are encouraged to apply today!
We are seeking detail oriented candidates who are dedicated to providing exceptional service to every guest at every opportunity.
The event coordinator is responsible for detailing groups during post-sales function, determining clients’ needs based on desires, interpreting programs through banquet event orders to provide smooth running, efficient banquets and meetings, and communicating with clients to ensure the entire staff realizes their needs. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Coordinating activities of a group from time of arrival to departure. After sales department books group, it is the responsibility of the Event Coordinator to contact their assigned groups and finalize all details.
· Assisting assigned groups in planning meeting times and rooms to allow time for necessary changes to set-up where required.
· Assisting assigned groups in planning suitable banquet menus for their functions.
· Up-selling meals, breaks, lessons and other amenities to maximize group revenue.
· Ensuring proper billing methods are set-up and collecting deposits or payment schedules prior to function.
· Ensuring rooming lists for rooms, player lists for golf, and proper counts for meals are received in a timely manner.
· Ensuring group guarantees are being obtained and the group leader understands what that means.
· Providing detailed catering and set-up information on all assigned group BEO’s and notifying all departments in changes on BEO’s made after initial distribution.
· Acting as a liaison for outside services dealing with assigned meetings and/or banquet events.
· Ordering all Audio-visual equipment necessary for in-house groups.
· Ordering/renting linens, tables, chairs, etc... needed for functions.
· Greeting all assigned clients (or ensuring that clients are greeted) at the beginning of their function.
· Providing follow-up to clients after their function to ensure proper billing, resolving complaints and soliciting future business.
· Promoting The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort service principles by example: responding to/resolving guest or employee inquiries, complaints or concerns in a courteous and timely manner.
· Attending food and beverage meetings and staff meeting.
· Conducting on-site inspections if necessary for realized and potential clients.
· Participating in industry and civic organizations, community functions representing sales opportunities for the hotel.
· Setting an example for all other employees regarding maintaining a high quality of customer service standards.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, & KNOWLEDGE:
· Minimum of 1 year within the Hospitality Industry required.
· High School Diploma required.
· Must possess strong computer skills, including, but not limited to, use of Microsoft Office.
· Ability to work effectively under limited supervision, time constraints, and deadlines.
· Command of the English language both written and verbal.
Are you highly organized with strong customer service skills? Apply today!
Part Time (30 hrs / week)
Shawnee Ridge is an independent living community specially designed to meet the needs of active residents 55 years and older. The Marketing and Activities Coordinator reports to the Community Director and is generally responsible for providing assistance and support to the development and execution of the community’s marketing efforts and resident activities. More specific responsibilities include:
1. Assisting with all community marketing efforts including print advertising, social media campaigns, and event scheduling.
2. Assisting with programs related to generating sales leads, gathering appropriate contact information, maintaining a database with that information, and developing processes for lead follow-ups.
3. Designing, printing, stocking, and distributing marketing materials.
4. Identifying and researching alternative selling and marketing opportunities.
5. Identifying and implementing opportunities to engage with the local community.
6. Leading community tours to prospective buyers and intelligently discussing with them available housing options and pricing.
1. Developing and leading a full calendar of weekly resident activities, including low-impact exercise classes, games, off-property excursions, and other social events.
2. Creating the monthly newsletter and calendar to inform residents of upcoming events, programs, and activities.
3. Organizing and assisting with monthly resident parties.
4. Identifying and organizing opportunities to host events in the Shawnee Ridge Community Center relevant to this demographic (senior fairs, speakers, networking events, etc.)
Candidates for this position must:
· Be responsible, organized, and comfortable speaking clearly, intelligently, and respectfully to community residents, prospective buyers, and related groups.
· Be proficient with certain computer skills, including: email, Microsoft Office, and social media platforms (prior job experience demonstrating the use of these skills is preferred, but not required).
· Have use of their own vehicle and be willing to drive locally and regionally as needed.
· Be comfortable and willing to work both autonomously and as a contributing member of a small team.
If you are interested in being considered for a position as Shawnee Ridge’s Marketing and Activities Coordinator, please send an email with your resume and cover letter (explaining why you are the right candidate for the position) to firstname.lastname@example.org.