Employment Opportunities at Shawnee Inn & Golf Resort
Mutual respect, teamwork, and leadership are the cornerstones upon which our family owned resort is built upon. That foundation, coupled with a fun and family-like atmosphere, makes The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort a great place to work. The Resort is also fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity both in principle and as a matter of policy and practice. See below for the following employment opportunities.
To apply for any of the positions below, you may fill out the online application form here or come in person to The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort to fill out an application form at the front desk. You may also send your resume to email@example.com
Click on the positions below for more information.
Spa Shawnee and Salon is currently hiring nail technicians.
We are seeking licensed nail technicians who strive to go above and beyond for guests at every opportunity. Job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, preparing for appointments, performing various manicure and pedicure services, attending to guests before and after services, keeping salon stations in proper order, following sanitizing procedures, and educating yourself about new treatments and products.
A flexible schedule is required. Applicants with experience are preferred. Apply today!
Spa Shawnee and Salon is currently hiring experienced massage therapists.
We are seeking licensed massage therapists who have a passion for sharing the healing benefits of massage therapy and exceeding client’s expectations. Job functions include, but are not limited to preparing for appointments and set-up, performing different types of massages according to Spa Shawnee and Salon Treatment Protocols and Manuals, attending to the guest before and after service, performing draping procedures and techniques for giving the service, keeping treatment rooms in proper order, following sanitizing procedure, and educating yourself about new treatments and products.
A flexible schedule is needed, weekends and holidays are a must. Liability insurance required. Applicants with experience are preferred. Apply today!
Spa Shawnee and Salon is currently hiring estheticians and cosmetologists.
We are seeking licensed cosmetologists and estheticians dedicated to exceeding guests' expectations. Job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, preparing for appointments, performing various facial treatments, waxing, nail care, and hair cutting and styling according to Spa Shawnee and Salon treatment protocols and manuals, attending to guests before and after services, keeping treatment rooms and salon stations in proper order, following sanitizing procedures, and educating yourself about new treatments and products.
A flexible schedule is needed. Applicants with experience are preferred. Apply today!
Spa Shawnee and Salon is currently looking to add a Spa Receptionist to our growing team! We are seeking a receptionist who is not only organized and detail oriented, but also a great team player!
Job functions include, but are not limited to, organizing the daily operations of the Spa and Salon, communicating with and attending to guest needs before and after services, creating additional business for the Spa as well as The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort, keeping the Salon in the proper order, and a desire to learn and educate yourself about new spa treatments and products.
A flexible schedule including holidays and weekends is a must. Are you a detailed oriented team player? Apply today!
Spa Shawnee and Salon is looking for an experienced Spa Manager to administer the day to day activities in the Spa.
We are seeking applicants who not only have exceptional leadership skills, but who also can work well under pressure. Job functions include, but are not limited to, creating employee schedules and monitoring payroll, training staff in new procedures and techniques, and efficiently maintaining a well organized and stocked Spa. The Spa Manager is also expected to promote The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort’s service and principles through guidance and examples.
Applicants with prior spa and supervisor experience, a flexible schedule and a desire to create a positive working environment with an emphasis in customer service are encouraged to apply!
We are currently accepting applications for maintenance staff.
We are seeking customer service oriented individuals with strong plumbing, electrical, mechanical, painting, and carpentry skills. Job duties include, but are not limited to, maintaining general units, common areas, pools areas, and grounds; repairing/replacing doors, windows, walls, floors, ceilings, roofs, furniture, cabinetry, and remodeling work; performing plumbing maintenance such as pipes, drains, faucets, disposals, showers and Jacuzzi tubs using methods that include soldering, brazing silver, PVC, CPVC, and fittings, resetting/replacing breakers, ballast and other electrical fixtures including switches and sockets; preventing and troubleshooting possible electrical hazards; repairing interior walls, wall coverings and ceilings by patching drywall, replacing wood or wall coverings or texture and painting, and maintaining and categorizing records and work requests.
Do you complete work with a sense of urgency and maintain a high level of craftsmanship? Apply today!
Food and Beverage
We are looking for an enthusiastic chef to join our team as the Executive Chef. We are a semi-private golf club in with a top rated golf course, a tennis complex, and a pool area. We are building a dining program for our members and the public. A successful applicant must have an understanding of a la carte dining as well as banquet production with knowledge of applicable health and sanitation regulations. This is a full time "hands-on" position that requires open availability including days, nights, weekends, and holidays. This is an excellent opportunity to join a team of professionals that pride themselves on creating the best environment for our members. A degree from an accredited culinary school is a plus, but not required. This is a 90% scratch operation with emphasis on regional products when available. Our Executive Chef position includes a negotiable salary based on previous work experience and culinary skill-set, paid vacation time, and subsidized health insurance.
- The Executive Chef will report directly to the Food and Beverage Manager
- The Executive Chef at Great Bear Golf Club is a working chef and will be expected to be cooking with his/her team.
- Supervises a staff of 4 – 5 people.
- Ordering Supplies. The Executive Chef must ensure that all supplies are ordered, stocked, and properly stored and we are maintaining the proper food cost and other costs. This includes all food items, cleaning products, cooking supplies, and any other item necessary for kitchen functioning.
- Recipe and Meal Creation. Probably the most exciting responsibility of an Executive Chef is the creation of recipes and meals that will keep customers coming back for more. Whether it is new dishes that have never been tried before, or just a take on a classic dish, the Executive Chef is responsible for all food that reaches a customer’s plate.
- Accounting. Executive Chefs are often responsible for keeping track of kitchen expenses, reporting to the Food and Beverage Manager what is spent and what is needed for the kitchen. Information about the expenses incurred by the kitchen must be accurately tracked and reported.
- Staffing. The Executive Chef is responsible for hiring and firing kitchen staff. He or she is responsible for making sure the kitchen is adequately staffed in all areas, and that employees receive the necessary training to ensure quality culinary dishes are produced. The Executive Chef assigns duties to his or her staff, such as food preparation tasks, or assigned line positions. Ensures proper staffing by scheduling and coordinating the work of chefs, cooks and other kitchen employees to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct to meet high standards of quality, and within budgeted labor cost goals.
- Must be able to organize and manage staff for main kitchen serving events and small limited dining room and Jack’s Pub.
- Must have verbal communication skills and ability to meet and greet guests and discuss their desires for the menu and handle each encounter in a democratic fashion.
- Must be able to interact with members, guests and potential customers regarding meal choice, preferences and food quality.
- Ensures a high level of profitability through closely monitoring food, labor and supply costs.
- Ensures food quality, consistency and efficiency through volume for 100% guest satisfaction. Maintains fast, accurate service, and positive guest relations, while ensuring products are consistent with company quality standards
- Approves the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
- Interacts with other food and beverage management to assure that food production consistently exceeds the expectations of guests
- Evaluates food products to assure that quality standards are consistently attained
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times. Ensures Occupational Safety Health Act, local health and safety codes, and company safety and security policy are met. Follows and maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
- Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles. Support safe work habits and a safe working environment at all times.
- Ensures that representatives from the kitchen attend dining room service lineups and meetings.
- Provides training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff.
- Other duties or projects as requested, directed or assigned.
- ServSafe Certification
- Systems oriented
- Strong leadership experience
- Effective communication skills to manage and discipline staff
- Knowledge of proper knife techniques
- Work well under pressure and maintain fast, accurate service
- Can-do attitude and team player and leader
- Detail oriented
- Experience managing menu costs and labor
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, basic computer skills and knowledge of, or ability to learn latest computer technology and working connection with all of company’s programs
The River Room Gastro Pub and The Gem and Keystone Brewpub are now accepting applications for cooks.
We are seeking hard-working applicants who are passionate about food and customer service. Job functions include, but are not limited to, food preparation and cooking, ensuring that each dish leaving the kitchen is checked for quality, quantity, presentation, and correct temperature, maintaining cleanliness of the kitchen and food storage areas, and following food safety requirements.
Are you a team player who knows their way around the kitchen and has already mastered the basics of cooking? Apply today!
The River Room Gastro Pub and The Gem and Keystone Brewpub are now accepting applications for a Bus Person.
We are seeking applicants with strong interpersonal skills who are self-directed and dedicated to providing exceptional customer service. Job functions include, but are not limited to, clearing tables as guests finish, promptly cleaning table tops, chairs, and floors between seatings, resetting and arranging table tops, and assisting servers as needed with food delivery.
Do you have a flexible schedule and pride yourself on going above and beyond for guests at every opportunity? Apply today!
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort is currently seeking applicants for a dishwasher. We are seeking applicants with a high standard for customer service, teamwork, and cleanliness.
Job functions include, but are not limited to, maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards for china, glassware, tableware, cooking utensils, etc., using machine and manual cleaning methods, ensuring the dishwashing area is maintained as a clean, safe and sanitary facility, maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen by taking out garbage as needed, mopping and other general cleaning duties. A flexible schedule is needed, nights and weekends are a must!
Are you an experienced member of a kitchen staff with a dedication for cleanliness? Apply today!
The River Room Gastro Pub is now accepting applications for a Dining Room Host.
Applicants who have restaurant experience and a dedication to customer service are encouraged to apply. Job functions include but are not limited to, using Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort scripting when greeting and seating guests, properly closing guest checks, handling any guest complaints that may arise throughout guest meals, the ability to multi-task, and answering phone calls to take reservations and answer questions.
Are you a dedicated member of a team with a desire to go above and beyond at every opportunity? Apply today!
The River Room Gastro Pub is now accepting applications for servers.
Guest service must be your number one priority! We are hiring individuals who strive to go above and beyond for our guests and pride themselves in "providing exceptional service to every guest at every opportunity;" our employee mission statement. Job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, setting tables according to laid-down standards, ensuring sideboards on stations are adequately stocked, taking guest orders, serving food and beverages in a courteous and professional manner, being knowledgeable on all menu items, maintaining restaurant cleanliness, and ensuring that guests are charged correctly.
A flexible schedule is needed.
If you have prior restaurant experience and have continually made great memories for your guests, apply today!
Conference and Banquets
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort's Conference Department is now accepting applications for Conference Set-Up staff. We are looking for a self-directed team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work quickly and efficiently. Job functions include, but are not limited to, providing exceptional service to guests during meetings, conferences, and other events, setting up and breaking down function spaces with tables, chairs, meeting room supplies, and A/V equipment as specified, clothing and skirting tables, setting up and breaking down refreshment breaks, and maintaining organization and cleanliness in function spaces.
If you are detail oriented with a flexible schedule and strong organizational skills, you are encouraged to apply!
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort is currently hiring part time Servers and Bartenders to provide exceptional service to our guests at everything from casual BBQs to high end weddings. Applicants must have prior experience and provide a positive first impression; both in appearance and communication.
Job functions include, but are not limited to, setting tables according to the details of the functions, serving meals and coffee breaks for a variety of events, taking food orders and delivering food items to guests in a timely manner, and the ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
Shifts will vary based on events; applicants with an open, flexible schedule are preferred.
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort's Housekeeping Department is accepting applications for multiple positions including Room Attendants, Public Area Cleaners and Laundry.
Applicants should have prior experience and a great eye for detail. Hours will vary based on business levels; full time hours will likely be available through the Summer season.
Applications for bellman are currently being accepted.
Guest service must be your number one priority! We are hiring individuals who strive to go above and beyond for our guests and pride themselves in "providing exceptional service to every guest at every opportunity;" our employee mission statement. Job functions include, but are not limited to, greeting guests, escorting guests to their room or anywhere else they might need, delivering luggage to and collecting from rooms speedily, and assisting in keeping the lobby area and main entrance clean, tidy, and accessible.
A flexible schedule is needed. Are you helpful, courteous, and self-directed with strong interpersonal skills? Apply today!
Applications for concierge are currently being accepted. This position is very critical to meeting our goal of 100% guest satisfaction.
Guest service must be your number one priority! We are hiring organized individuals who strive to go above and beyond for our guests and pride themselves in "providing exceptional service to every guest at every opportunity;" our employee mission statement. Job functions include, but are not limited to, acting as a "personal assistant" to guests, contacting guests prior to arrival, assisting guests in making restaurant reservations, river trip reservations, golf tee times, spa appointments, playhouse tickets, finding the right local attractions, or buying tickets for theater, sporting, and other events, upselling on-site amenities, activities, food, and drink, increasing repeat guest business, answering guests’ questions, directing guests around the Inn, ensuring a positive guest experience, and promoting The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort’s core values by example.
Requirements include, but are not limited to:
· Familiarity with all of the resort’s offerings including the gallery, spa, brewery, river trips, etc. and area tourist spots. · Ability to provide accurate directions to guests’ destinations.
· Strong working relationship with the managers of all departments and with nearby restaurants, theaters, and other attractions.
· Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to work quickly under pressure.
· Good telephone and computer skills.
· Neat, professional appearance and attitude.
Experience in the hospitality industry preferred.
Are you friendly, helpful, and resourceful? Apply today!
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort's Reservations Department is currently accepting applications for a part-time reservations agent.
Guest service must be your number one priority! We are hiring individuals who strive to go above and beyond for our guests and pride themselves in "providing exceptional service to every guest at every opportunity"; our employee mission statement. Job functions include, but are not limited to answering phones and delivering high level customer service to guests, making reservations for overnight guests and for amenities, completing confirmation letters, inputting new information into the global database, and checking and answering department emails. A flexible schedule is needed, evenings and weekends are a must.
Do you have customer service experience and pride yourself on professionalism and attention to detail? Apply today!
Great Bear Golf Club is now hiring for a Membership and Merchandising Manager to join our team.
The Membership and Merchandising Manager will be responsible for membership sales as well as golf shop merchandising. Membership sales duties include, but are not limited to, implementing strategies to meet membership goals, following marketing leads for referrals, working with the General Manager to track the success of membership recruitment activities, maintaining positive relationships with current members to ensure a positive experience, conducting orientation programs, tours and information sessions for new members, and maintaining all member files in a secure manner. Golf shop merchandising duties include, but are not limited to, working closely with the Head Golf Pro to stock merchandise in the golf shop geared towards members and their guests, developing sales strategies and a merchandise budget, training staff members on the promotion of inventory items, coordinating and managing inventory and inventory control systems, maintaining an organized Golf Shop, reviewing and processing all invoices, as well as promoting a welcoming and positive work environment.
Do you have previous sales or merchandising experience? Are you a positive team player with a passion for excellence? Apply today!