Authentic Outdoor Experience for the Discerning TravelerLive Chat
Spring Spa SpectacularAvailable February 23-April 24, 2014 Accommodations at The Shawnee Inn Breakfast in the River Room Restaurant 3 hours of spa service at Spa Shawnee Pick any additional spa service: $49/hr Spa Shawnee and Salon is open daily 9am–5pm. Full Service Salon, Body Treatments, Massage Therapy, Pedicures,…
Weekend Stay & PlayAnxious for a weekend drive? Book your next two-night ski getaway at The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort. Take a little time off to enjoy the finer things in life; ski at Shawnee Mountain , stay at a beautiful, historic hotel in the Pocono Mountains. Available Dec 6, 2013-March 2014 (during Shawnee…
Golf ShawneeEnjoy this timeless Tillinghast golf course carved into our breathtaking natural surroundings, where 24 of its 27 holes are on an island in the pristine Delaware River.Learn More
AuthenticChoose to do as much or as little as you wish. For the active outdoor adventurer... play golf, canoe, kayak, raft, fish, or mountain bike. For the restful outdoor enthusiast, read a book on the veranda.Learn More
Back ThenBrush up on how the Shawnee area was developed. How it came to be the host of elite PGA and Championship events. Discover the impact of its legendary owners.Learn More
Mutual respect, teamwork, and leadership are the cornerstones upon which our family owned resort is built upon. That foundation, coupled with a fun and family-like atmosphere, makes The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort a great place to work. The Resort is also fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity both in principle and as a matter of policy and practice. The following employment in PA opportunities exist, to learn more, please click on the job title below.
Our Buckwood Coffee Shop is currently accepting applications. The ideal candidate will have a welcoming and warm personality with an exceptional focus on guest service. This position is part time;applicants must be available for weekends.
Coffe Shop Attendants are responsible for the following:
- Greet and engage with guests as they enter
- Wait on guests in the purchase of food and non-food items
- Make food and beverages as requested
- Maintain daily cleanliness of the Buckwood
- Wrap and stock food orders as they arrive
- Restock all food and beverage coolers on a daily basis as needed
- Enter all sales in computer accordingly and maintain all receipts
Please complete an application at the front desk for this position.
The Banquet Manager will play a key role in the overall success of the Food and Beverage Operation. The responsibility of the Banquet Manager is to oversee the entire Banquet Team to ensure guest satisfaction. The Banquet Manager will oversee all events and staff in a friendly, courteous and professional manner according to the historic Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort’s high standards of quality. He/she is responsible for coordinating and executing all special events, i.e. scheduling, equipment needs (rentals), function set-up, presentation, event supervision, and closing procedures. He/she will also be responsible for long and short term planning, as well as day-to-day operations. The Banquet Manager recommends logistic and procedural changes, procurements, represents his/her team at BEO meetings, works closely with Sales, Services and culinary teams and manages expenses to fall within approved budget constraints. Banquet Manager oversees all Banquet Captains and catering staff.
The Banquet Manager will be expected to:
- Create confidence – by being an expert at what they do; by acting and looking the part and adapting their style to match the guests’ pace in all they do.
- Encourage Success – by supporting and respecting each guest and their goals; by recognizing and making them feel valued and important and offering thoughtful choices to help them feel restored and balanced.
- Make it happen – by being perceptive to their guests and staffs’ needs; by taking ownership.
Essential functions for the position include:
- Supervise the daily operations of the Banquet department.
- Perform administrative tasks
- Have direct contact with guests during events. Communicate with event leaders and guests to ensure exceptional service and guest satisfaction.
- Check storage areas for proper supplies, organization and cleanliness.
- Monitor supplies and equipment. Request replenishment to avoid shortages.
- Order linen.
- Responsible for making sure the establishment is secured and lights are turned off at the end of events.
- Inspect scheduled function areas/rooms for proper set-up and cleanliness.
- Direct Captains and servers on timing of service throughout functions.
- Constantly monitor staff performance in all phases of service and job functions.
- Ensure all closing duties and set-up for the next day by the staff is complete before they clock out.
- Provide feedback to staff on their performance. Handle disciplinary problems and counsel employees according to company standards.
- Document information from each day in daily work log.
- Must be knowledgeable of event menu items and their content, appropriate table settings and service ware, and the correct preparation and garnishing methods.
- Requires candidates with a flexible schedule in order to work banquet events at a variety of hours including early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
- Ensure that the staff has the most up-to-date information and BEOs.
- Ensure that all events are set-up according to the BEO.
- Update, review and print Banquet checks.
- Monitor the work of Banquet employees.
- Ensures health and safety measures and liquor laws are obeyed, particularly those prohibiting service to minors and intoxicated persons.
- The ability to manage in a unique environment with a focus on client and customer service.
- Strong knowledge of food and wine/spirits.
- Plan and manage the execution of all catered events in a safe, sanitary, cost-effective manner.
- Manage Human Resources in the Banquet operation to attract, train, retain and motivate employees.
- Monitor and control the maintenance/sanitation of all service areas and equipment to ensure a healthy, safe work environment, which meets/exceeds federal and state standards and regulations.
- Develop, recommend, implement and manage the department's budget.
- Develop and implement Standard Operating Procedures (use records, production, pars, training, etc.) within appropriate guidelines to continually improve revenues and profit margins while maintaining quality.
- Any other tasks assigned by management
- Ideal candidate will possess a minimum of five - ten years experience as a Banquet Manager/Assistant Banquet Manager, or Banquet Captain with managerial responsibilities in an upscale resort hotel, club or special event venue.
- Qualified candidate will be detail-oriented and have the expertise to handle multiple events of varying scope, content and size.
- A proven track record of successful event management and execution.
- Computer skills (Excel, Microsoft Word) are a plus.
- Person must enjoy and contribute to a creative environment.
- Experience working with catering or events software is a plus.
- Person must possess a can-do attitude, leadership qualities, excellent communication skills, a sense of humor, patience, tact, and a willingness to go the extra mile to ensure the success of all events.
- Must be willing and available to work flexible/non-standard hours, including weekends.
- Continuous standing/walking throughout a shift.
- Basis English language communication skills are required along with excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented atmosphere dedicated to providing exceptional hospitality and service to each guest.
- Must meet state minimum age for serving alcoholic beverages.
- Each employee must treat others with respect and display superb customer service skills at all times.
- Must be able to oversee multiple events at the same time.
To apply for the position of Banquet Manager submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org